house.of.hurc

a place for me to talk about anything and everything.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Weekend of Recovery

As everyone seemed to have already predicted, I did not catch the flu. All I had was the common cold. Still felt like shit though. The worse part were the headaches. I had to take Friday off from work (although I did have to work remotely from home) and rested most of Saturday. By Sunday morning, I was good to go, even for my weekly hockey game.

Speaking of which, I think I'm getting pretty decent at playing goalie. The only goals going in these days are 2-on-1 and 3-on-1 breaks, which are extremely hard to play. But I have decent mobility and good positioning most of the time. I do need to work on controlling rebounds better. I wonder how I would play on skates and agaisnt rubber pucks, instead of those much softer orange hockey balls.

So that was pretty much my weekend.
However, the week has been shitty so far. Monday was crappy, today was a little better. More on the week another time.

1 Comments:

Blogger feistydaichi said...

You sound like Peter Gibbons:

"So, I was sitting in my cubicle today, and realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

I never really thought of you as a goalie, but I guess all those years of videogames have greatly enhanced your hand-eye co-ordination. Good for you!

2:56 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home