house.of.hurc

a place for me to talk about anything and everything.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Splitting headache

I wake up to the clock radio this morning. It's not very loud. I can't even hear what is being said, or even what song is playing. But it's loud enough to wake me. I squint my eyes when I move the blinds to look outside. The sun makes me rub my eyes, it's already morning. I didn't sleep that well last night, but have to get ready for work. I hop in the shower. I stay in longer that I probably should have, but it's okay, I've got time.

I get to work, everything seems normal. That's not a good thing. Phones ringing off the hook, customer complaints, agent faces buried in their hands. Looks like a long day ahead. Within a couple hours, my head starts to throb. I feel a headache coming. A meeting is called, and it's one of those "longest meetings we've ever had". It was painful. It's painful enough when I'm completely healthy. It was excrutiating. I take two aspirin, hoping it will ease the pain. It doesn't.

Hopefully, tomorrow won't be more of the same...

3 Comments:

Blogger feistydaichi said...

take a day off.

8:28 a.m. EST  
Blogger hurc said...

I did. I didn't go to work on Monday. This happened the day after. :P

9:46 a.m. EST  
Blogger feistydaichi said...

shoulda gone back home.

9:48 a.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home