house.of.hurc

a place for me to talk about anything and everything.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Flu, Flu, Go Away, Come Again Another Day

I woke up this morning, feeling pretty good actually. Then 30 minutes later, the headache accompanied by his good friend, the sore throat. Oh frig. Feels like the flu again. This would be the 3rd or 4th time THIS YEAR ALONE.

Tonight, I just downed a little cup or Nyquil, so I'll be passing out soon. Also rubbing my chest with VaporRub before going under my covers. Hope this flu doesn't come out and play.

In any case, I gotta find out more about these flu shots and get me one of those. I don't mind getting "sick" and taking days off, but the flu is the worse, because you cannot function normally when your head is throbbing, your nose is stuffed, your throat is hurting and your body feels like a ton of bricks.

3 Comments:

Blogger feistydaichi said...

I would be pretty surprised if you got a varitey of a flu virus 3/4 times in one year. I would have to say that the last time I had the flu, I knew it. It took at least 2 weeks of symptoms, then at least another 2-3 weeks until my body felt normal at workouts.

Most likely its "just a cold". Sometimes I find certain drugs make my symptoms WORSE. Especially allergy drugs specifically to stop sneezing etc. They make me sooo incredibly stuffed up and probably are the only times I've ever felt headaches. (ie. reactine in the redbox, allegra <---NEVER again)

As for the flu shot, I seem to always get the shot around a time that my immune system is already weakened. And the thing just blows up in my face. I can recall the last two times I got the shot, I was less than 80% for a month. I am NOT doing that again. At least not until I'm less active or 40 years old+

12:01 a.m. EST  
Blogger zibalatz said...

Yeah I'd be surprised if it's the flu 3 times as well... Most like flu once and really bad cold/sore throat the other times.

I would recommend that, as soon as you feel the sore throat coming on, to start gargling with salt water on a regular basis. It kills the bacteria festering down there and might prevent the cold entirely sometimes.

10:16 a.m. EST  
Blogger feistydaichi said...

Mmm... Buckleys...

Sorry Vince, I could never do that nasty salt water rinse. 'Becca does it too but p.u.

1:09 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home