house.of.hurc

a place for me to talk about anything and everything.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

hurc's weekend adventures in Brantford - Day 2a

Day 2, Part 1 - Visiting Brantford

C. woke us up at around 11am. I was really groggy from sleeping on that uncomfortable air mattress, but nothing a good shower can't fix temporarily. By the way we were all dressed, C.&Y. pretty much had breakfast on the table for us already. When they said that we should have breakfast, I thought we were all going out somewhere.

Homemade breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs with mushrooms and other ingredients I don't quite remember, toast with butter and jam, and various fruits. The best part was the Peameal Bacon. You know the joke; if Canadian bacon is ham, what do Canadians call bacon? Turns out there are variations of Canadian bacon that isn't ham, or at least not the ham that you think.

After breakfast, except for the people that rode with me, everyone had something to do for the day, before the big party, which would start at 8pm. So A., P. and I would have to find something to entertain us for the day.

We ended up at a driving range and mini-putt course. We each hit a basket of balls and then played a round of mini-putt. It was such a great sunny day too, so it was nice being outside. After that, we actually went to a mall and shopped a little, or at least A. shopped a little. :)

We were back at the house at 5pm for dinner, where a BBQ feast of hamburgers would be ready for us. Great homemade burgers. Not sure to what extent the burgers were made, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ground their own meat. I mean, it's farm area all around.

Some actually went to take a nap, while P. and I played some Big 2 to pass the time. I hadn't played Mahjong or Big 2 in such a long time, but in the past few weeks, I've been playing so much that I've lost count. No for money, mind you, but it's still fun to play. I'm told I can be pretty competitive.

Getting ready for the Buck & Doe...

2 Comments:

Blogger feistydaichi said...

seriously... this post was pointless...

9:42 p.m. EDT  
Blogger hurc said...

ah. so someone *is* reading this crap...

11:31 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home