house.of.hurc

a place for me to talk about anything and everything.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Whew-Hoo! hurc is back!

Hello everybody! I'm Dr. hurc! Well, I don't really have a PhD, but I like to think that I'm a expert on lame introductions.

So what have I been up to the these past few weeks? Not much really. Work, eat, sleep, hockey, eat, sleep, work, eat sleep... you get the idea.

For those in the know, I've made myself available on the job market. I am not as active as I should be, but I do have an updated resume and have applied to a few places, without much success so far. Taking a step back and looking at what I've accomplished in my career in the past few years, I realize that my skillset is very limited to my current job and that my resume only pigeonholes me to very specific types of jobs: technical support and customer support.

What I need to do is to start developing some new skills, maybe in QA, maybe in developing. Not that I've really made up my mind on what exactly I want to do with my career, but I think if I start learning something new, I'll get inspired, at least that's the plan. What do you guys think? What should I be learning? New programming language like C#? Get certified on Windows 2003 Server? Take managerial courses?

Outside of work, I've been watching a lot of hockey, Habs hockey of course. The Habs are currently just a point out of the playoffs, but I have no doubt that they'll make it. As long as they get consistent effort from the whole team, we'll be fine.

As for my own hockey performances, I've been doing pretty well in nets. I'm seeing the hard orange plastic ball well, and my lateral movements are quick. However, the glove hand is pretty slow these days. Maybe it's the crappy glove I have. I should really shop for a new one. Then again, there's only about a month left of hockey left. Then it's golf season. Daich, I still have your clubs which I haven't even tried with yet. Once the driving ranges open, I should test them out.

Hmmm... what else. Other than Howl's Moving Castle, haven't seen that many new movies lately, unlike Daich, who watches 10 movies a day. I'm kinda intrigued by Inside Man. Anyone want to go see it?

That's it for me tonight, as I wait for the Habs game to start tonight... Leafs in town, so it's going to be a good one...

1 Comments:

Blogger feistydaichi said...

I'll wait for the hoards of ethnics to stop flooding the theatres for every Denzel Washington movie out there. Besides, the reviews are mediocre; and the genre is overdone anyway.

railroads... sux don't it. Makes you wonder if I should even continue with all this computer stuff... maybe I should apply at cervelo...

10:27 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home