We gotta big BIG winnah!
You know when you go to an amusement park, and you play those carnival type games where you can win prizes? And you know that racing game where you shoot a water gun into a tiny hole, and then you hear this 15-16 year old kid working there during his summer vacation scream out: "We got a BIG BIG WINNAAAAHHH!" Then you turn around and see that all they got was a dinky stuffed banana instead of the humongous Bugs Bunny that everyone wants? I feel like I just got the dinky stuffed banana.
Saturday's Loto 6/49 jackpot was 22 Million. Whenever the jackpot reaches 20 Million or more, I usually give it a shot. For those who don't know, lottery jackpots in Canada are not taxable, so when they say 20 Million, they mean 20 Million. Not like those 300 Million Power Ball jackpots in the Excited States and you get taxed 60% of your winnings.
Anyhoo, I completely forgot about my ticket until today. So I went to the Loto Quebec website to compare my numbers... The first number was no good, so right there, I knew I didn't win, so I only glanced quickly at my ticket. After a few minutes, I realized that I had a few matching number... 4 to be exact! I got 4 out of 6! Woohoo! That must be like 1000$!!
But wait, the distribution of the prizes are not directly proportional to the jackpot. My total winnings were: 54.10$. Whoop-dee-doo. A stupid stuffed banana.

4 Comments:
Haha, nice story.
Also, "Excited States" is awesome. I'm stealing that term from now on.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that is all.
laugh all you want, you aren't getting a single penny of my 54.10$
Okay...that's just mean.
Post a Comment
<< Home